Here are the common lingo
used by most Indian students and Teachers who get caught in the vortex of
Some of them were actually spoken by lab assistants and now even the profs.
- I talk, he talk; Why do you MIDDLE MIDDLE
- (beech, beech = middle, middle)
- Rain will comme come ! !
bande barutthade - kannada)
- "Hey, u guys, please keep
quiet. The Principal is ROTATING outside"
- "Do not smoke and spoil the BOTANY of your body"
- "Open the windows, open the windows, let the CLIMATE come in"
- "Open the windows, open the windows, let the AIR
FORCE come in"
- "Why are you naat FILUPPING the blanks?"
- Advice to father thinking about whether he
should let his daughter continue her studies or get her married: -
" Vell, if you wantu
study her, then study her. If you wantu marry her, then marry her."
- Prof to students for "hanging around the
corridors during exams": -
"Do not revolve in the corridors in front! of the
- "Don't talk like that in front of my back"
- "Don't stand in front of my back"
- "Louly hair cutting. Hair cutting, current drying. No
- "Florida paan shop. Prop: Raju. B.A, M.A."
- "Repeat again please!"
- "Mistake became wrong!"
- Did you cut the tickets for the film, yet?
- Pliss, close the fan!
- Please reduce the volume of the fan
- He/she is my cousin brother/sister. He/she is my co-brother/sister
- Galatfehmi ka shikar hona: to be hunted down by
- Izzat ko mitti me milana: To mix one's honor in mud
- Maro saale ko: Hit the brother in law
- Meri izzat ki naak cut gayee: My honors' nose has
been chopped off
- Kiske saath moonh kaala kiya? : Who have you
blackened your face with?
- Naak mein dum karna:: to strengthen the nostrils
- An instructor explaining the working of pendulum: -
"Take an elephant of negligible weight"
- Heard in kitchen: - No, No I! don't need chair I can
- It's so hot! Please on the fan no.
- Instructor: - "Take a copper wire of any metal...and
pour a liquid solution of sulphuric acid in a round bottom flask of any
- A gardener scolding 3 kids: "Both of u three,
don't under-stand the tree "!!
- "Open the doors of the window, and let the atmosphere
- Pune'ites, n Bombay'ites will understand this -
"This is not 'parvadable' "!!!
- "Issac New Ton is great scientist. In India, apple
falls on head and he go back to invent Gravity. He is friend and follower of
Mahatma Gandhi in fight for freedom. There is a statue to him with long coat
and long hair. He great
- "A cow has 2 horns with sharp points and Bull between
tham. It has 4 legs and stands on its own feet". It ended with a touch of
logic, "A cow gives milk which we drink. Therefore, it is our mother."
- "You three, both of you kneel down together
- "There is no wind in the ball (deflated football)"
- "Run with the fence" (alongside)
- "Look at the line on your back" (falling in line)
- "Apply Apply, No reply" (common one)
- "Why aren't you kneel downing?"
- Look at the climate man, it's too hot to play.
- If you talk, I'll kneel down
(Always wished he would,
but found out that, that's not what he meant)
- Cuckoo, Blaady (Kick you, bloody...)
- The principal just passed away.
- Who took out the breeze of my cykill.
- Meet me behind the class (meant after the class).
- My cykill is understanding the tree.
- Open the windows and let the ATMOSPHERE come in"!
- Open the windows and let the AIR FORCE come in"!
- Morning morning why you rotate my head"? (a direct translation from the Marathi equivalent!)
- All the best for all the body (All the best for everybody)